Milk, forever at the heart of a healthy community.
Our Mission and Guiding Principles
We are the people of British Columbia’s dairy industry:
- We are Champions. We encourage the consumption of milk and milk products as part of a healthy diet.
- We are Guardians. We proudly defend and advance the supply management system and policies that contribute to the stability of our industry.
- We are Stewards. We ensure dairy farming delivers a positive impact on our community and we work to preserve a sustainable, valuable and ethical industry.
- We are Advocates. Through outreach and engagement, we are at the centre of local and national dialogue about milk and our industry.
- We are Leaders. We are responsible for the future of the dairy industry and its contribution to the economy, health and culture of British Columbia.
As of December 1, 2011, the BC Dairy Foundation and BC Milk Producers Association merged into one organization, the BC Dairy Association. The new name of BC Dairy Association is a combination of BC Dairy Foundation and BC Milk Producers Association. We are still a registered not-for-profit society, funded by the dairy producers of BC
The BC Dairy Foundation had been dedicated to increasing consumption of milk in BC and delivering innovative nutrition education programs to British Columbia consumers for over 30 years. Over the same time period, BC Milk Producers Association had supported BC dairy producers with programs and initiatives to promote a vibrant and sustainable industry that supplies the best quality milk to consumers. For the past six years, both organizations were managed from the same office.