This spread tastes great served with raw vegetables or crackers.
- measuring cup and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- 9" (23 cm) springform pan
- food processor or blender
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely crushed soda crackers
- 1 tsp. butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 2 cups creamed cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9" (23 cm) springform pan.
- In same frying pan, melt 1 tsp. butter. Add green onions. Sauté until soft.
- Spread onions over crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with monterey jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a blender or food processor, process cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne until smooth.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5–10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately