Never have time for breakfast? Try some of these easy ideas!
- To get started—try some drinks and smoothies from this website, or create your own—use equal parts of fruit (fresh, frozen, canned, or juice) and a milk product of your choice (yogurt, milk, buttermilk)
- Try your favourite yogurt and fruit without blending it
- Leftover dinners (stir-fry, casserole...) make great breakfasts—just heat and eat!
- Leftover pizza makes another great breakfast
- For variety, mix a couple of cereals together
- Add milk or yogurt and some fruit to your cereal
- Warm up congee
- For something really fast—grab a piece of cheese, bread and fruit—you’re on your way!
- Keep frozen waffles (homemade or purchased) for quick pop-in-the-toaster breakfasts
- Make a batch of muffins on the weekend—freeze extras for a quick bite to eat during the week
- Start your day off with a good source of fibre—add bran or dried fruit to your cereal, pancakes or muffins
- Make your coffee a caffè latte—then add a muffin or scone and fruit
- Try cinnamon toast—just sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on your toast—raisin bread makes a great choice!
- Have a quick and satisfying start with a whole grain bagel, peanut butter and sliced banana— wash it down with a glass of milk or latte
- Make a quick hot breakfast—put 75 mL oatmeal and 150 mL water in a bowl and microwave 2–3 minutes—add chopped apple and cinnamon for a change
- Make a quick wrap for anytime of the day—scrambled egg (microwaved) in a soft tortilla with salsa and shredded cheese— enjoyed with some juice
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately