- Press a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper on the surface of the ice cream once you open the container, and before replacing the lid. Put it back in the freezer immediately after scooping.
- Eat store-bought ice cream within a month of purchase. Eat homemade ice cream within a day or two for the best texture.
- Transfer the container from the freezer to the fridge 10 to 20 minutes before serving to serve ice cream more easily.
- Dip the scoop in room temperature or warm water between every scoop; shake off the excess water before dipping the scoop in the ice cream.
- Avoid thawing and refreezing! Large ice crystals will form and the smooth, creamy texture will be destroyed.
Confused about the different types of ice cream? Find out more about the most common types of ice cream available in the market.
Adapted from Dairy Farmers of Canada
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately