How about these suggestions? Serve ice cream:
- As a fruit topping: use a frozen peach half, hollowed orange half, or half of a melon or papaya, or even a hollowed pineapple half for a larger crowd.
- With a Mexican flair: butter a small flour tortilla and sprinkle it with cinnamon, mold it in a bowl and toast it in the oven until crisp. Let it cool then fill it with ice cream.
- In a crêpe: Fill pre-made crêpes with chocolate or vanilla ice cream and sliced banana or strawberry, drizzle with Kahlua or chocolate sauce and dust with icing sugar.
- With apples sautéed in butter and brown sugar, and a sprinkle of chopped toasted pecans.
- As an ice cream soda: Combine fruit juice and sparkling water (or use sparkling fruit juice) and add a scoop of ice cream. Serve in a chilled tall glass with a straw, of course.
Adapted from Dairy Farmers of Canada
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately