BC’s first-ever Family Day is coming up on February 11th and we want to help you celebrate!
Looking for activity ideas for your family?
Whether your family includes your partner, pet, kids or friends, here are five activity ideas to celebrate:
- Visit a Winter Farmer's Market to try new foods and see what's in season right now.
- Take the family snowshoeing at a local hill (provincial parks are free) or go skiing, which is half price on Family Day at all of these hills.
- Cook a recipe together. Choose a recipe you’ve always wanted to make and throw a little dinner or lunch party for yourselves.
- Take a short family day trip somewhere close but different. A neighbouring town, perhaps?
- Enjoying a relaxing home day, reading books and maybe doing a little project like painting a room or planting a plant.
Know what you're doing on Family Day?
Our friends at Better Together are running a Family Day Twitter giveaway. Simply tweet your family day activity idea to @bettertogether using the #BTFamilyDay hashtag anytime between January 28th and February 11th and you could win a one-year Family Pass to Science World valued at $165. The winner will be announced on February 11th .