Happy New Year!
Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to improve well-being by being more active? If so, you’re not alone, this is one of the most common resolutions!
5 tips to help you increase your physical activity level today:
- Choose activities that you enjoy! Try different activities until you find the ones that feel right for you.
- Get into the groove. Join a gym, go to a spin class, or set a regular run. Join with a friend and make it a social activity!
- Ditch your TV and computer screen time by 2 hours or more a day to make more time to be active.
- Join a recreational sports team. Make new friends and get active at the same time!
- Set a goal, make a plan, and pick a time and place. Remember, every little step counts!
Why make moving more your New Year’s resolution?
You can reap the following benefits:
- Decreased stress
- Better sleep
- Increased energy levels
- Improved strength
- Lower chronic disease risk (such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease)
How much physical activity should I be doing every day?
Take a look at the physical activity guidelines by age category from the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP).
Leave a CommentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately