Your children will enjoy preparing these pancakes!
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Empty squeeze bottle (e.g. mustard or ketchup squeeze bottle)
- Non-stick frying pan
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) salt
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, milk, eggs and butter.
- In large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add yogurt mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring until just combined (batter will be thick).
- Fill empty ketchup or mustard squeeze bottle with batter. Cut off nozzle to enlarge opening. Heat greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. For each pancake, squeeze batter from bottle into fry pan, making alphabet letters.*
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface, then turn and cook other side. Serve with syrup or pureed strawberries, canned peaches, or other favourite fruits.
*If batter is too thick, add a small amount of milk to squeeze bottle and shake well.