An easy and delicious soup for a fall day!
- Large pot
- Hand blender
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped onion
- 12 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- grated orange zest
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of tarragon
1. Melt butter in pot and add onions, cooking over low heat until lightly browned.
2. Add carrots and broth and bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat then cover and cook until carrots are very tender (about 30 minutes).
4. Away from heat, use a hand blender to blend carrots and broth until smooth.
5. Add orange juice, milk, orange zest, nutmeg and tarragon.
6. Serve warm.