This hearty vegetarian pizza will go on repeat for a weeknight meal.
- Baking sheet or pizza pan
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Microwaveable bowl
- Paper towels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced pitted black olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- CAULIFLOWER CRUST:
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried basil and oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 450° F (225° C). Line baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Cut leaves and stem off of cauliflower. Cut into smaller pieces. Place in food processor in batches and pulse into small rice-like pieces. Place in a large microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes; let cool and pat dry with paper towels. Add parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, eggs, basil and, oregano. Press and shape cauliflower mixture onto prepared pan to create an 11 inch (28 cm) round pizza crust about a 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let cool slightly.
- Spread pizza sauce over top of crust; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Scatter pepper, mushrooms (if using), and olives all over. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with arugula.