This great appetizer recipe makes enough to fill 5 flour tortillas which will be cut to make 25 appetizer wedges.
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Baking sheet
- 5 ten-inch (25 cm) flour tortillas
- 2 cups dry curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix together all ingredients except flour tortillas.
- Divide evenly among 5 tortillas, spreading mixture on only half the circle.
- Fold tortilla over and press edges gently to seal. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until heated through and crispy outside. Allow to stand several minutes before cutting.
- Cut each tortilla into 5 wedges.
- Serve with salsa for dipping, if desired.