An easy, tasty, Greek-inspired meal
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Garlic press
- Food processor
- Wooden spoon
- TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) sour cream
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- CHICKEN SOUVLAKI
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless boneless chicken breast cut in 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried marjoram
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 pita breads
- Puree all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour in bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Marinate chicken in oil, oregano, marjoram, lemon, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Sautee chicken in skillet until cooked.
TO MAKE THE WRAP
- Place chicken in centre of pita.
- Top with tomato, onion, lettuce, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with tzatziki sauce.
- Roll up and wrap with aluminum foil or parchment paper.