A quick and easy chocolate dessert sure to impress!
- Double boiler
- Stirring spoon
- Small loaf pan
- Saran wrap
- 500 g dark chocolate
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 1-1/3 cup (330 mL) heavy cream
- fresh raspberries (for garnish)
- roasted hazelnuts (for garnish)
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, you can put a bowl on top on a pan with boiling water.
- Add the ½ cup butter to the dark chocolate. Stir the chocolate until smooth and take the bowl off the heat to let cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to fold the cream into the dark chocolate.
- Put a layer of saran wrap in the bottom and sides of a small loaf pan. Spoon the dark chocolate mixture into the pan. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge before serving and carefully remove the pâté from the loaf pan. Then slice the pâté with a hot knife and put onto dessert plate. Serve with the raspberries and hazelnuts. It’s also delicious with a raspberry coulis if you’re inspired to make that too.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately