A delicious dressing makes this salad oh so tempting.
- Frying pan
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Salad plates
- Wooden spoon
- 1 cup (250 mL) 15% cooking cream
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-1/2 oz (100 g) Ermite blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 bag mesclun mix
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched
- blackberries, to taste
- raspberries, to taste
- blueberries, to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat and add shallot.
- Cook until soft and add cream.
- Reduce by half then remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange mesclun on salad plates; top with asparagus and berries.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve hot or cold.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately