We are always on the lookout for great recipes that feature local ingredients. This delicious recipe from Buy Local. Eat Natural. features in-season sweet potatoes and turnips.
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed turnip
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 33% cream
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook sweet potatoes, turnip and onion until golden. Salt and pepper, to taste. Add garlic, broth and 10% cream. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft. In blender, purée until smooth. Check seasoning. Whip 33% cream and top each bowl with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chives.