Tantalize your tastebuds with this appetizer. Don't wait for company—kids love this too!
- Plastic bag
- Cutting board and knife
- Baking sheet
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) fine dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 sweet white onion
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk, butter and mustard.
- In a plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Slice zucchini and onion 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Separate onion into rings.
- Dip vegetables into buttermilk mixture then breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place on non-stick or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 6 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Dijon Dip.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately