This vegetarian recipe is created especially for you, the conscientious foodie.
- Large non-stick frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) bottled Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 large peeled sweet potato, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 28 oz (796 mL) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, 2 min. Add curry paste and ginger. Cook, stirring, 1 min. Add sweet potato, zucchini, red pepper, salt and water. Stir. Cook covered, stirring occasionally until vegetables soften, about 10 min.
- Add chickpeas and finely grated zest and juice from lime. Stir frequently until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 5 min.
- Whisk flour into milk. Then gradually stir into pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; stirring occasionally, simmer 5 min.
- Stir in coriander and salt if needed.
Cooking Tip: Chickpeas are rinsed and drained to remove the starchy liquid and excess salt.