Make your own frozen yogurt!
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Medium saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- Ice cream maker
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) unflavoured gelatin
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) milk
- 2 Tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- Drain the yogurt, releasing about 125 mL of the whey (1–2 hours).
- Sprinkle gelatin into 50 mL of the milk. Let stand about 10 minutes, until gelatin swells.
- Heat remaining milk with sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin to hot milk stirring until completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Add vanilla and drained yogurt.
- Cool the mixture in a refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker or hand churner.