This salad is the perfect recipe for eating right with great taste!
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Cutting board and knife
- Soup bowls for serving
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 blood oranges or seedless oranges, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger root
- 4 cups (1 L) mesclun mix
- 2 blood oranges or seedless oranges, in segments
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, each sliced into a fan
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In small bowl, beat mustard with oil.
- Add honey then orange juice and zest.
- Add cream and ginger root; stir well.
- Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss mesclun with orange segments, green onion, basil and pine nuts.
- Evenly divide salad among 4 soup bowls, and arrange a chicken breast on top of each.
- Drizzle with dressing, check seasoning and serve immediately.
Note: An easy way to cook chicken breasts for use in this recipe is to poach them. Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a single layer in a pan. Cover with liquid – it can either be water or broth. You can also add seasonings such as a bay leaf or salt. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook for about 10–15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Turn off the heat and let the chicken finish cooking in the hot water for another 10 – 15 minutes. During this time, you can prepare the salad.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately