These savoury nibbles are a great way to satisfy your most sophisticated snackers. Serve in a small vase or Mason jar for a vintage flair.
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- pizza cutter or sharp knife
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and cold
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). On lightly floured surface, unroll pastry into 10-inch (25 cm) square.
- Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with Gruyère and parmesan cheese, thyme and pepper; press with rolling pin or hands to adhere. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pastry into 12 strips.
- Twist strips and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Tip: Replace parmesan with aged cheddar or Asiago cheese if desired.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately