These eye-catching fanned potatoes taste as good as they look.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 6 large yellow potatoes (3 lb/1.4 kg)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut slits crosswise into potatoes from one end to the other, about 1/8-inch (3 mm) apart, and stopping before you cut all the way through, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) from bottom, to create a potato fan. 2. Place potatoes on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Separate slits, brushing with half of the butter and sprinkling with rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes or until potatoes start to open up. Brush remaining butter into slits; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. 3. Sprinkle Gorgonzola into slits; bake for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese melts. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Substitute finely chopped cooked pancetta for bacon if desired.
- Yukon Gold and Russet potatoes work well for these potatoes.