Nothing beats freshly made bread! Try this delicious, super-easy cottage cheese pan bread recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium bowl
- Baking sheet
- Food processor
- 1½ cup (375 mL) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) large flake oats, pulsed in a food processor
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry mixed herbs (e.g. oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary)
- 1 cup (250 g) 1% cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
Preheat oven to 400⁰F (200⁰C).
In a medium bowl, combine flour, pulsed oat flakes, baking powder, salt and herbs.
In a food processor or blender, process cottage cheese, milk and oil and add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
With lightly floured hands, shape into a ball. Place on a greased baking sheet and gently pat into a 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick circle.
With a floured knife, cut circle into 10 wedges; separate each wedge slightly and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately