This yummy pizza contains foods from all the food groups.
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board and knife
- 4 pizza crusts - 8 inch size (purchased from store)
- 4 1/2 oz (133mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of toppings such as: crushed pineapple, chopped green pepper, sliced salami or ham, chopped onion
Vegetables & Fruit—tomato sauce, pineapple, onion, green pepper
Protein—mozzarella cheese, salami or ham
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread tomato paste on each pizza crust.
- Add your choice of toppings.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put pizzas on a cookie sheet and place in oven.
- Bake 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Use pita breads instead of a large pizza crust for individual servings
- Try different ingredients such as olive oil for sauce, different cheeses such as feta or brie, or roasted garlic and sun dried tomato