A light and fluffy vanilla sponge cake sure to please everyone
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 13"x9" Baking pan
- Small pot
- Large bowl
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 1.5 (375 mL) cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Heat milk and butter until scalded. Remove from heat and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add hot milk and butter to the batter and beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 35 minutes, until golden.
- Mix together and spread on top of warm cake.
- Broil in the oven until lightly browned, just a few minutes.
TIP: Place a large baking tray under the baking pan when broiling the topping. This will prevent it from dripping onto bottom of the oven.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately