This spring time pasta dish is an easy weeknight meal or dinner to share with friends.
- Large pot
- Deep skillet
- 1 pkg (350 g) fresh fettuccine pasta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 12 oz (375 g) asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) grated lemon zest
- 4 oz (125 g) smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each, chopped fresh chives and parsley
Pea Variation: Substitute 2 cups (500mL) fresh or frozen peas for asparagus.
- In a pot of boiling salted water; cook fettuccine for about 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté asparagus for 3 minutes. Add cream, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and smoked salmon; toss well to coat. Remove from heat and toss with chives and parsley to serve.