Makes about 30 bars depending on how you slice 'em!
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- Blender or food processor
- Medium bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Marge sheet pan (11" x 17")
- Parchment paper
- Rubber spatula
- Oven and oven mitts
- Wire rack
- 4 cups (1 L) quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) Rice Krispies®
- 1 cup (250 mL) sunflower seeds or sliced almonds or other chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried apricots, coarsely chopped (about 25 dried apricots)
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries (or raisins), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) apricot or peach jam
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, seeds, brown sugar and salt; mix well.
- In a blender or food processor, coarsely chop the dried fruit.
- Add dried fruit to oat mixture and toss well.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine melted butter and jam.
- Add butter mixture to oat mixture and mix well with clean hands.
- Drop mounds of mixture over entire surface of sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press mixture evenly into pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake at 400° F (200° C) for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack; slice into bars.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately