Do you like to stick with the classics but feel like you never have the time? We've streamlined this classic pasta recipe just for you.
- Large Saucepan
- Cutting Board
- Large Pasta Dish
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 8 oz (250 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 oz (250 g) extra broad egg noodles
- 150 g pkg Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked and cut into bite-size pieces deli chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Small fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Grated Canadian Parmesan
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring about 5 min until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir. Gradually whisk in milk then Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, bring to oa boil.
- Add noodles; reduce heat to a low boil. Stirring constantly and around edges of pan, cook until pasta is tender, about 7 min.
- Stir in chunks of Boursin, then chicken, peas, and parsley, stirring until chicken is hot and Boursin is melted. Serve sprinkled with basil and Parmasan.
Cooking Tip: When washing mushrooms, don't soak in water, simply wipe with a damp paper towel.