You don't want to miss out on this 40-year-old-recipe updated with some new and improved ingredients.
- Large Cooking Pot
- Large Bowl
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks, about 2 lb (1 kg)
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each, chopped fresh parsley and dill
- Place potatoes in a pot and just cover with water. Partially cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered just until potatoes are tender, about 5 min. Don't overcook. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir yogurt with mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Stir in radishes, celery, green onions, parsley and dill until mixed. Add warm potatoes and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Taste and add more salt or horseradish to taste.
Cooking Tip: Still have a few radishes left over? Try roasting just until tender.