Spice up your brunch game with these pumpkin pie waffles. These waffles are perfect with whipped cream, berries or any toppings of your choice.
- large bowl
- waffle iron
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In separate large bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs and melted butter. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
- Heat waffle iron and grease well. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions, spooning about 1 cup (250 mL) batter per waffle.
- Serve waffles with a dollop of yogurt, chopped pecans and maple syrup.
Substitute pumpkin pie spice with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp each ginger and nutmeg and a pinch of cloves.