A little goes a long way in this fresh-tasting spring vegetable pasta, with tons of flavour and smoked salmon that will create a taste your taste buds cannot resist.
- Large Cooking Pot
- Large Saucepan
- 12 oz (375 g) linguine
- 1/2 lb (250 g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1/4 lb (125 g) halved green beans, about 1 large handful
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen edamame or peas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 140 to 200 g pkg smoked salmon, cut into wide strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 lemon
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine 10 min or until al dente, adding asaparagus, beans and sugar snap peas during the last 3 min of cooking and edamame during the last min. Drain very well.
- Meanwhiile, in large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring 3 min. Stir in flour. Very gradually whisk in milk until smooth; cook, stirring often, for about 5 min until mixture boils and has thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in salmon and mint just until mixed.
- Squeeze juice from lemon into pasta and stir.
Cooking Tip: If asaparagus or beans are super thin, add during the last 2 min of cooking pasta.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately