This easy-to-put-together, fresh-tasting meal might just become your go-to-pasta.
- cutting board
- large bowl
- large pot
- 1/2 (450 g) pkg farfalle pasta, about 3 1/2 cups (875 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2-inch (5 cm) pieces asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain Greek-style or Balkan-style yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) multi-coloured cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pitted and finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 (170 g) cans of chunk tuna, preferably low-sodium, well drained
Variation: Try salmon instead of tuna and beans in place of asparagus.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions or until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes. Add asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Finely grate the zest from the lemon and squeeze out 3 Tbsp (45 mL) juice into a large bowl. Add yogurt and garlic; stir. Add tomatoes, chives, and olives.
- Turn pasta and asparagus into the bowl. Stir in tuna, trying your best to leave tuna in chunks.