A great way to start your day on a weekend or even a weekday!
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon or heat resistant spatula
- Measuring cups
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated cheese (mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of milk or cream
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- Crack eggs into large bowl.
- Wash tomatoes and peel onion.
- Finely chop tomatoes and onion and add to eggs.
- Add corn, milk and grated cheese.
- Mix all ingredients together with fork. You can prepare the egg mix up to one day in advance and keep refrigerated until you're ready to use it.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat and melt butter (or heat oil).
- When pan is hot enough, pour in egg mixture and reduce heat to medium-low.
- As egg mixture starts to set, gently turn the mixture across bottom and sides of pan with spatula.
- Cook until mixture is thickened.
- Transfer to plate and enjoy!
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately