Turkey lightens up this family favourite and is paired with Gouda cheese for the ultimate turkey burger with cheese.
- Chef’s knife
- Tray or baking sheet
- 1 lb (500 g) ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- 4 slices Gouda cheese (about 2 oz/60 g)
- 4 soft buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Condiments (mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup)
- In bowl, combine turkey, garlic, green onion, dill, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, mix fresh bread crumbs with milk until softened. Stir in egg; mix into turkey mixture.
- Form into 4 patties and place on waxed paper–lined tray or baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Cook burgers, turning once, for about 6 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer inserted in centre registers 165°F (74°C).
- Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Toast buns on grill if desired. Sandwich burgers in buns with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion. Serve with desired condiments.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately