Wanda’s Spaghetti contains foods from all four food groups.
- Cutting board and knife
- Can opener
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Large pot
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 shakes garlic powder
- 1 pound (500 g) ground beef
- 1 large (28 oz or 1 kg) can tomatoes
- 1/2 box spaghetti (1 kg)
- parmesan cheese, grated
Vegetables & Fruit—tomatoes
Milk & Alternatives—parmesan cheese
Meat & Alternatives—ground beef
- Chop the celery, pepper, and onion.
- Add the chopped onion to the meat and cook until brown. Drain the fat from the meat.
- Add the celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook on low heat until the vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes.
- Boil the spaghetti until cooked. Drain off the water.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.