Get your kitchen pantry ready for action by stocking up with these foods:
• Vegetables and fruit: fresh, dried and canned.
• Whole grains: oats, barley, quinoa, pasta, cereals, crackers, breads.
• Nuts, seeds and nut butters: pumpkin seeds, flax, natural peanut butter.
• Canned and dried pulses: lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans.
• Fish: canned tuna or salmon.
by Rola Zahr, MPH, RD
Adapted from The Dietitians of Canada’s Nutrition Month Campaign Materials. Find more information about Nutrition Month at:www.nutritionmonth2016.ca
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately