- Start your day with breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day! If you are not hungry early in the morning, pack something that you can have about an hour later. Looking for new breakfast ideas? Check our series of articles: A mosaic of BC Breakfasts for a multicultural spin on your usual breakfast.
- Include a protein source at every meal and with snacks. It will help sustain your energy level throughout. Use FoodTrack: Check on Protein for a list of protein-rich foods and to find out if your protein intake is on track and on time.
- Eat a balanced diet that provides you with the number of servings you need from the food groups. Not sure how you fare? Check your diet with FoodTrack: Check on Balance.
- Keep hydrated. Check these five tips to get you sipping right.
- Cut back on caffeine. Find out how much caffeine you are getting and how to cut back with FoodTrack: Check on Caffeine.
- Get moving! Exercise is a great way to decompress and think through issues that worry you. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous activities such as walking, running, bicycling, dancing and swimming.
By Rola Zahr, MPH, RD