Select the ideas that would work for you, or create your own.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, e.g. eat two vegetable servings at lunch or dinner.
- Choose whole vegetables or fruit instead of juices.
- Eat more whole grain breads and cereals.
- Add wheat germ or oat bran to cereal.
- Add raisins and nuts to cereals, salads and desserts.
- Choose vegetable or bean soups such as corn chowder or lentil soup.
- Add canned beans to a salad.
- Serve baked beans or other legumes frequently.
- Add high fibre cereal to yogurt or meatloaf.
- Choose one food each day with 5 or more grams of fibre per portion.
To find out more about how much fibre you're getting from the foods you eat, take a look at FoodTrack Check on Fibre.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately