If you are planning to sell food and beverages at your school spring fair, offer fundraising ideas that rely on healthy foods or non-food items.
For bake sales, check Bake Better Bites: Recipes and Tips for Healthier Baked Goods to find healthy options.
Examples of non-food items to sell include:
- School spirit apparel such as scarves and t-shirts
- Flowers or hanging baskets
- Reusable water bottles with school logo
- Student artwork
- Hand-made greeting cards
- Travel mugs
- Services offered by school volunteers, such as car washing, face painting or babysitting.
- Silent auction of valuable items donated by local businesses and parents.
You may also consider inviting vendors who sell cookware, cosmetics, books or toys to set up a booth and share a portion of their profit for the day with the school.
Have you sold other types of non-food items that were popular at your school? Share your experience in the comment field below.
For more ideas on healthy fundraising, check Healthy Fundraising for Schools from DASH! BC.
To learn more about the criteria that determine what food and beverages can be sold to students at school, check the 2013 Guidelines for Food and Beverage Sales in BC Schools.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately