Come meet the farmers who grow the food you eat
Agriculture in the City
April 23-25, 2010
Metropolis at Metrotown, Burnaby
Agriculture in the City is a free family event to help people who live in the city better understand the vibrant and innovative world of agriculture and how it affects their day-to-day lives.
Come meet the farmers who grow the food you eat, and learn lessons that you can take back to your own home or garden.
• Milk Delilah the fibreglass cow at the BC Milk Producer’s Association booth
• Explore the demonstration greenhouse and learn how bees and other insects help grow vegetables and reduce the need for pesticides
• Mill your own wholegrain flour from Canadian wheat in the Farm to Fork display
• Learn how science and research helps make our food safe, healthy and delicious
• Celebrate the flavours of BC through cooking demonstrations
Friday, April 23 from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm;
Saturday, April 24 from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm and
Sunday, April 25 from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Visit the Ag in the City website for more information