Effective date: July 2, 2018
By accessing or using the App, you agree that you have read and understand the privacy practices and uses or disclosures of information about you that are described herein, and you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your information in accordance with this Policy.
Information BC Dairy Collects About You. We collect the following types of information about users of the App:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about yourself when you sign-up for and use the App, such as age, gender, calcium intake, whether you make a calcium plan, what foods you choose to make your plan with, whether you follow your plan, and your reasons for following the plan (or not). We do not knowingly collect any personally identifying information such as your name or contact information.
- Information we collect about you: Like most mobile apps, our App may monitor traffic patterns, App usage and related App information. We may automatically collect or compile certain information that is not personally identifiable when you access the App. Examples of this type of information include the type of device you use, your device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your device, the browsers and mobile operating systems used to visit the App, and information about the way you use the App.
- Location Information: Our App uses location-based technologies, and we may collect location information in connection with the App.
Use of your Information. We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Providing and improving our App: to provide our App and services; to improve our App and services; to perform technical operations; to monitor and protect the security of our App and services; and for other service- and support-related purposes.
- Research and analytics: to analyze how users interact with our App and services; to monitor and analyze usage; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal compliance: as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of information. We may disclose the information collected for the following purposes:
- Purposes disclosed in this Policy: to fulfill the purposes of collection of information set out in this Policy.
- Service Providers: to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. Where commercially practicable, we will use contractual arrangements to protect information disclosed to these persons.
- Legal compliance: in order to comply with legitimate governmental requests, subpoenas, court orders, or legal obligations, or to protect the rights, property or safety of BC Dairy, or otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Aggregate information: We may create and disclose to the public or interested stakeholders (such as physicians and patients) aggregate, generalized, anonymous, or statistical information about users and usage of the App. We do this in order to evaluate whether our App is reaching its desired outcome of improving calcium intake, to improve our App and services, and for marketing, research, analytical, statistical, or other purposes.
- Your device or browser settings may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject cookies. If you block cookies, certain features on our App may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- You can use your device’s settings to set and change some settings and preferences for location information sharing and functions.
- You can stop all collection of information by the App simply by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your device.
Where we store your information:
BC Dairy is based in British Columbia, Canada, and our servers, service providers, and storage facilities may be located worldwide. Information may be subject to disclosure under the laws of jurisdictions where the information is stored or handled and it may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of those jurisdictions. For information about BC Dairy’s use of affiliates and service providers outside Canada to process information, please contact us at the address provided below.
BC Dairy takes commercially reasonable steps to ensure that information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure, including technological safeguards like security software and firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.