Make your own—save some dough!
Make your own – save some dough:
- Take lunch, snacks and beverages to school or work—you’ll save lots of $$$
- Make your own salads, sauces and desserts—you know what goes into them and it is cheaper than buying them pre-made
- Make batches of granola, soups, casseroles, stews, chilis, lasagnas … portion out individual servings and freeze for quick meals later on
- Make your own caffè latte— heat milk and add a spoonful of instant coffee
- Find new recipe ideas on the internet, in newspapers or old magazines (they are often free at the library), or look on food packages for inspiration
- Take a list of the foods you need when going grocery shopping— buy them first