- Refrigerate immediately after purchase. Store on refrigerator shelves (Doors are not cold enough.)
- Seal yogurt containers well to protect the yogurt form other foods with strong odours.
- If yogurt separates and a watery liquid rises to the top, stir it in if you prefer the yogurt to remain thinner. Otherwise, drain it off.
- Generally speaking, the longer you keep yogurt, the sharper its flavour. Use by the best before date on the container.
- Spoon as much as you are going to eat into a bowl. Do not return unused portions of yogurt to the original container.
- Do not freeze yogurt—freezing affects its flavour and texture.
Cooking and Eating
September 1, 2021
Did you know? Consuming milk and milk products contributes to higher nutrient intakes without adverse impact on fat or dietary cholesterol.1 Decreasing the amount of total fat, especially saturated and trans fat, is more effective at decreasing blood cholesterol levels than decreasing the amount of cholesterol ingested from foods. Choose lower fat milk such as […]Read more