Tips to get organized.
- Plan your meals for a few days and then make your grocery list—this way you can buy enough fresh food to last until your next shopping trip, but not too much so that it spoils
- Find a grocery store that is convenient for you—one where you can make a quick stop on your way to or from school or work
- Keep your grocery list on the fridge to record your needs
- Have a weekly budget for groceries and stick to it—be realistic
- Buy extra non-perishable items (e.g. canned tuna) when they go on sale
- Make large batches of casseroles, chilis, etc. and freeze single serving portions
- Add frozen vegetables to soups, casseroles, chili, macaroni and cheese