Drinking enough fluids is important for health but what you drink is equally important. There are so many beverage options out there. Some are more nutritious than others. Canada’s Food Guide suggests we should quench our thirst with water and drink at least 2 cups of milk each day. Yet, according to Stats Canada, pop is the number one source of added sugar in our diets!
Here are five tips that will help you get enough fluid while making healthier choices:
1) Keep a cold pitcher of water in your fridge.
2) Make a smoothie for a snack. Blend a few handfuls of fruit, a few scoops of yogurt and some milk.
3) Add slices of cucumber, lemon or orange to your water for a natural, refreshing flavour.
4) Keep a water bottle on your desk.
5) Invest in a good thermos to carry milk in your lunch.
Want more ideas? Check out Thirst for Nutrition: Add Value to Your Choices.