School Milk BC Overview
What is School Milk BC?
It's an initiative of BC Dairy Association that provides BC schools with tools and information for setting up a school milk program.
- All BC schools that serve milk to their students regularly are eligible to register
- Advice and assistance is available throughout the school year
- Students in registered schools are eligible to participate in contests and win prizes for themselves and their school!
Why register with School Milk BC?
- Canada’s Food Guide recommends all Canadians aged 2 and up have 2 cups of milk every day.
- Canada’s Food Guide recommends 2 servings of Milk and Alternatives per day for children aged 2 to 8, and 3 - 4 servings per day for children aged 9 to 18.
- Children who drink milk at school are more likely to meet this recommended number of servings. Make the healthy choice the easy choice!
- Milk and milk products are rich in protein, calcium, riboflavin and vitamin B12 — nutrients essential to good health. It is difficult to obtain your daily requirements of calcium and vitamin D without consuming milk or milk products
Need more information?
Email us, or call 1-800-242-MILK