School Milk BC FAQ
What is School Milk BC 'consumption data'?
As part of your school's online registration process with School Milk BC, you will be asked to provide 'Consumption Data'. This is basic information about the milk that is served at your school. By providing this information, schools are helping BC Dairy Association to better understand any challenges faced by participating schools, which allows us to provide you with better tools and resources. It also helps us to advocate on behalf of BC schools.
Twice during the school year, registered schools will be asked to provide the following information based on a one-month period. Each year, during the months of October and February, please keep track of the following:
- What type(s) of milk does your school offer to students, i.e. white, chocolate, 125ml, 250ml?
- What is the price paid by the school for each product?
- What is the price paid by the students for each product?
- How many units of each product were consumed at your school during the past month?
What are the School Milk BC 'program details'?
As part of your school's online registration process with School Milk BC, you will be asked to provide your updated 'program details' each year. This is basic information about how your school's milk program is run. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- How many days per week is milk available at your school?
- How many students stay for lunch at your school?
- How many students participate in the milk program?
- What brand of milk is served at your school?
- How does your school obtain milk?
- How do students pay for milk?
- How is milk distributed?