Try these 7 ideas to include more milk in your day.
Ideas for action:
- Try adding various flavourings to your milk (such as chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, almond, or malt) or buy flavoured milks. They have all the nutrition of plain milk.
- Try steamed almond milk, caffé latte, mocha or other steamed milk beverages.
- Try various smoothie recipes.
- Try cooking with milk. Use milk as a base for soups, sauces and puddings.
- Sprinkle cheese on casseroles, soups and cooked vegetables.
- Enjoy yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh fruit or vegetables.
- Include skim milk powder* in your cooking and baking:
- Add it to cooked cereal (2 – 4 Tbsp per serving after the water and cereal are combined).
- Use it in hamburger patties, macaroni & cheese, and other casseroles (2 Tbsp per serving).
- Add it to mashed potatoes and cream soups (2 Tbsp per serving), scrambled eggs and omelettes (1⁄2 Tbsp per egg), cocoa (6 Tbsp per cup of water), sauces, gravies and breading mixtures.
* Skim milk powder increases the food nutrient content considerably. One-third cup of skim milk powder is approximately equal in food value to a glass of fluid milk. Be sure that vitamins A and D have been added to the milk powder you buy.