- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil pesto
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese and aged Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) softened butter
- Spread pesto evenly over sliced of bread. Layer avocado slices over half the bread slices.
- Toss Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses together. Divide evenly over avocado. Cap with remaining slices of bread. Spread butter on outside of sandwiches.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Fry sandwiches for about 5 to 6 minutes, turning once and pressing lightly with spatula, until outsides are golden and cheese is melted.
- Switch up the pesto and use tomato pesto or olive tapenade.
- Add sliced cherry or Campari tomatoes to the sandwich.