- 9″ (23 cm) Quiche pan or pie plate
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) baked or boiled potatoes, grated and lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) colby cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomato or cherry tomato slices to garnish
- Over medium heat, melt butter in frying pan.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add potatoes, and mix well.
- Press into 9″ (23 cm) quiche pan or pie plate, working mixture up sides of plate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In large bowl, beat together milk and eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into potato shell. Garnish with slices of tomato or cherry tomatoes, if desired.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5–10 minutes before serving.