Bill 9 received Royal Assent on May 14 and contains a number of changes to Part 3 of the Workers Compensation Act (the Act). The changes are designed to improve workplace health and safety and strengthen the tools WorkSafeBC can use to enforce the Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
The WorkSafe BC website has been updated with information and tools for workplace partners that we would encourage you to read and share with the members of your associations including:
- Questions and Answers on Changes to the Workers Compensation Act
- Employer Incident Investigations Overview
WorkSafe have also posted three high level summaries that provide an introduction and overview of the changes to the Workers Compensation Act:
- Legislative Change: A Primer on Stop Work Order
- Legislative Change: A Primer on Employer Incident Investigations
- Legislative Change: A Primer on Injunctions and Due Diligence
WorkSafe will continue to send updates as they become available. Visit worksafebc.com for additional information.